Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Next Doctor Review

The Next Doctor in my opinion was loads better than last years dismal Voyage of the Damned. I’m not a huge fan of these new Cybermen, but they seemed more old school like then they did when they first premiered. The story was well structured, lively and kept my attention. I almost forgot RTD wrote the story. That was until the end. The appearance of a giant toy-like robot stomping through Victorian London made me cringe and makes long for the day when the new head writer arrives.
I do, however give RTD credit for finally giving us a flashback of the Doctor’s previous faces and finally cementing the fact that Paul McGann is indeed the 8th Doctor and falls into continuity of the current series. The next episode is due to arrive in April. As for The Next Doctor, I give it a 7 out of 10 for good effort.

No comments: