Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Paul McGann May Never Return to Role

“Doctor Who” fans hoping for a reunion of all the living Doctors for this year’s Children in Need special will be disappointed to hear the following news.
Actor Paul McGann, who played the eighth Doctor in the 1996 television movie has recently said that he has serious doubts he will ever reprise the role of the Doctor again.
“It’s highly unlikely, because since I walked off that set in 1996, no one’s ever called me, I’ve never met these people, I’ve never been down to Cardiff and met what’s his face, Russell T Davies (who masterminded Doctor Who’s revival),” McGann says.
He added: “So no, maybe haven’t they got my number. There’s always rumours, it’s nice to stoke the fire. I’m always hearing them.”
McGann has reprised the role for the Big Finish audio dramas.

No comments: