Monday, March 29, 2010

To Better Understand Doctor Who

Matt Smith has apparently revealed he has written his own Doctor Who stories - to help him understand the character.

From The Press Association: The 27-year-old, who replaces David Tennant as the Time Lord in the new series starting on April 3, told the Daily Mirror: "I wanted to feel like Doctor Who, understand where he'd come from, so I wrote stories of the Doctor and Einstein in Egypt, which focused on their roles in the creation of the Pyramids."

He added: "I had six months prep before we began filming so it gave me time to write quite a few stories."

Matt, who gave the Doctor a new look with tweed jackets and bow ties, would like to add a fancy coat to the wardrobe.

"Originally I was going to have a black leather coat or a blue swashbuckling coat and possibly a hat too but, somewhere along the line, the idea got dropped. I hope it's revived in time for series two," he said.

No comments: