Saturday, January 9, 2010

Matt Smith: Hard to keep secret.

Found this from thedailyrecord: It must have been one of the hardest things new Doctor Who Matt Smith has ever had to do...
He sat with his friend and watched David Tennant playing the Time Lord on TV - but could not reveal that he had landed the role of the new Doctor.
Matt, 27, said: "It was a complete nightmare not being able to tell anyone.
"It's like any secret - it bubbles up inside you and the more you try to keep it, the more mad you get and the more you try to suppress it.
"I would be sitting in my flat watching TV and Doctor Who would be on with my flatmate there.
"I would have loved to share the fact that I was the new Doctor but I couldn't."
Matt admits the pressure of not telling anyone got too much and last year he had to tell his father.
He said: "I was going mad. My Dad was rather flabbergasted. When I told him, he laughed. He was excited, elated and very proud."

No comments: